Dental Checkups And Cleanings – Rowlett, TX
The Easiest Way To Maintain A Healthy Smile
When it comes to your dental health, the old saying, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” couldn’t be truer. By getting routine checkups and cleanings from a dentist in Rowlett, you can minimize the chances that you’ll need extensive dental work like root canals and dental crowns. If you want to harness the power of prevention and keep your smile in great shape, get in touch with us today to schedule an appointment. We promise you’ll be glad you did!
Why Choose Rowlett Dental Associates for Checkups and Cleanings?
- Our Entire Team Is Gentle, Experienced, and Compassionate
- We Love Working With Patients of All Ages
- Low or No-Interest Financing Options For Uninsured Patients
What Is a Checkup Like?
When you see one of our talented dentists for a checkup, you’ll leave knowing how every aspect of your oral health is doing. Here’s what each checkup includes:
- Your oral health affects the rest of your body and vice versa, so we always start by updating and reviewing your health history.
- To be as thorough as possible, we take routine X-rays (typically once a year) to see what’s happening underneath your existing dental work and inside your teeth and jaws.
- Gum disease puts you at risk for tooth loss and also negatively impacts your overall health, so we perform a simple gum exam once a year to catch and treat it as soon as possible.
- Although oral cancer rates have gone up, the survival rates are very high when it’s found early. We take oral cancer diagnosis very seriously and, since two pairs of eyes are better than one, each of your checkups automatically includes a screening from a dentist and hygienist.
- As a dentist in Rowlett with both your oral health and overall well-being in mind, we also evaluate you for sleep apnea and snoring, TMJ disorder, and headaches.
- The last step of your checkup is a dental exam, where we’ll look closely at your teeth and existing dental work. Then we’ll explain what we see and discuss whether you need treatment or not before answering any questions you may have.
What Is a Cleaning Like?
Keeping your teeth and gums clean is vitally important for your dental health, but even with good habits at home, it’s impossible to remove all the deposits of plaque and tartar on your own. A professional cleaning every 6 months (more frequently for patients with gum disease) goes a long way towards keeping your gums healthy, preventing bad breath, and helping your smile look great.
Before using special tools to remove the plaque and tartar from your teeth, we’ll ask if you have any questions or concerns. We want you to have a positive experience, so we’ll check in periodically to make sure you’re doing well. Lastly, we’ll polish and floss and give you personalized tips for your at-home oral hygiene routine.
How Do Checkups and Cleanings Benefit You?
As we mentioned earlier, prevention is the name of the game. When patients wait until they’re in pain to come in, they often need much more dental work than if their problem had been found and treated earlier. Not to mention that checkups and cleanings include maintaining your gum health and screening you for oral cancer and sleep apnea, all of which are very important for your overall well-being.